Tuesday 2 August 2011

Gleams that untravelled world...

I found it really hard to find a short blog url that a) I liked and b)wasn't already taken.


Hence my long blog name, 'Gleams that untravelled world..."


It's sort of random but it's taken from Tennyson's Ulysses. Here are some lines I particularly like:


I am a part of all that I have met; 
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro' 
Gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades 
For ever and for ever when I move...


How dull it is to pause, to make an end, 
To rust unburnish'd, not to shine in use! 
As tho' to breathe were life! 



...The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks;
The long day wanes; the slow moon climbs; the deep
Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends.
'T is not too late to seek a newer world...




'Ulysses' by Turner, taken from this blog: http://168hrs.blogspot.com/2011/06/ulysses-by-alfred-lord-tennyson.html

No comments:

Post a Comment